What's your sleep position?

Moderator: AHB Team

What's your sleep position?

Posted Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:10 pm

Welcome to the 6 Week Sleep Challenge! :D We’ll be kicking of the first Sleep Challenge for 2018 on the 26 March!

We're super excited to have you on board! We hope that you feel the same way too!

In the forum you'll be able to get handy tips and advice to stay on track from other Sleep Challengers! So make sure you create a forum account ^^^ (above) to get involved!

Our pre-challenge task was to find your sleep position.
Here's a quick recap:
1. Take note of what position you intuitively assume when going to sleep tonight
2. Take note of what position you’re in when you wake up in the morning
If the two match up, this is your ‘preferred sleeping position'

How did you go? Are you a side sleeper or a pillow hugger? Read about the different sleep position in our blog under http://www.ahbeard.com.au/sleepcoach/sleepposition/
AHB Team

Re: Round 7 - What's your sleep position?

Posted Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:46 am

My fav position to fall to sleep is my right side with my left leg infront n listening to old skool rnb
0312watea

Posted Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:43 pm

I always start off in the foetal position, mostly on my right but I actually prefer my left... however my husband sleeps on the left and he likes to cuddle (I don't) so I tend to sleep on my right because of that.
I wake up in a different position each time. I toss and turn in my sleep, rolling around and wake up a few times a night.
I am very tired in the mornings because of it.
emmroar

Posted Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:18 am

Currently pregnant so can't sleep in my preferred position :( usually would sleep almost fully on my belly and toss and turn all night. Now I have to sleep on my side in the fetal position and toss and turn all night!
kmdoig7

Posted Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:00 pm

Flat on back; left hand on upper abdomen, right on lower
JoyKeYue

?

Posted Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:37 pm

90% of the time i start of laying on my back.
However, ive noticed i am unable to fall asleep while laying on my back. This is a reoccurring thing that has driven me insane. I have even timed myself laying completely motionless for a whole hour while laying on my back and was unable to get to sleep.

I like laying on my front because it feels the most comfortable but ive read that it also is probably the worse position to lie due to the strain it puts on the neck and spine. Regardless, i find that i have more success falling asleep on my front then on my back.

I find that most of the times i end up rolling onto one of my sides and falling asleep that way. Unfortunately this isnt the most comfortable for me and i struggle to get comfortable.

I wake up too sporadically and go back to sleep right after to really remember how i woke up, but most of the time i go back to sleep on my sides.
?

Posted Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:53 pm

I toss and turn a lot before I fall asleep (and while I'm asleep), but I generally end up falling asleep either on my left side or my stomach. I seem to wake up in a different position every day....
jenny.maple

Posted Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:11 pm

usually sleep on my right side and wake up in the same position with one of my hand under the pillow! :P
tiffanylau617

Posted Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:33 pm

stomach sleeper, though i start on my side. I almost always wake up with my hands under my pillow and they have fallen asleep it gets pretty annoying
rachelmelbourne

Posted Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:39 am

I tend to fall asleep on my ride side cuddling up to my boyfriend until I fall asleep. I wake up 2-3 times a night and I just want too have a proper night sleep for once

I wake up in a different position each time. I toss and turn in my sleep, rolling around and wake up a few times a night.
I am very tired in the mornings because of it.
Stephieeee01

Better sleep starts with better habits

Learn more

Find a retailer

Search